Monday 4 January 2016

PHOTOSHOP: magazine advert cut out fonts 1


Photoshop to create cut out text
Inspiration
After being inspired to use the font Helvetica Neue by the 80's LA alternative venue "the clash" art work inspired from a classic Swiss design below, I then wanted to develop on it further so I came across an image of cut out text in an indie style advert using the same text but having it be a cut out of another image. 
Indie style avert


Creating a link 
So to create a link between the advert and music video I used the idea of the bag mans straw sack mask. If overlaying this on an image it looks almost like we are seeing the image from the bagman's perspective adding another dimension to the art work. 
Photoshop 
I transferred the sack effect to photoshop and using this photoshop tutorial  


I managed to cut out the release date I have decided upon out of the straw material which I can then layer on top of another image. 
Step one type the date
The date in the straw material 
The date cut out of the straw material. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please ensure all comments are moderated.