Sunday 10 January 2016

DIGIPAK: Song titles/track list

Song titles
As Sly antics only have 5 songs, as you can see on their Soundcloud list below, I had to add a few extra tracks as 5 songs would not fit the normal convention of around 12 tracks.
Track convention
I researched how many tracks would usually be on an album, this varies but only using example from the indie/rock genre I have concluded upon 10 tracks. Even though usually these bands would have 12 tracks as this is Sly antics first album I feel like 10 is more suited as the band is new and the examples I have picked are from a bands 4th or 5th album not their first like Sly antics. These examples are the Arctic Monkeys who have 12 and The Kooks who have 11 tracks. I also looked at online forums to see what other peoples opinions were on the amount of tracks on an album. Most people said around 10 a few said between 8 and 14 so I feel that 10 tracks is a good mid point. 
Online forum

Arctic monkeys 12 track list

The Kooks 11 track list
Extra song names
I have chosen to add 5 extra tracks and name them after titles inspired by songs of the same indie/rock genre. These are inspired by Discharge songs such as 'Hear nothing,see nothing, say nothing', 'Does the system work' and 'Religion instigates' I felt like these new song titles fit the same pattern as Sly Antics original tracks as they are grungy and dark.                                                                  
Track font and colour
To carry on Sly antics signature style of using pink and grey together I made the text pink and grey to fit with their style. Even though the colour pink may not be fitting with the indie/rock genre it fits with the bands already existing online presence as seen in my past posts on their website. Also I used a grungy type font to again fit with the bands pre existing image and I also felt as if this worked well with the aesthetics of the Digipak. Again for the numbers I used a hand writing font to make it look scruffy and worn to fit with the signature rough look associated with the genre. I have also made all the text bar the a's capitals to add something extra to the track list it makes it unique and different to fit with the indie genre. 
                          
Sly Antics 10 track list on the Digipak

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please ensure all comments are moderated.