Monday 14 September 2015

FCPX1: Green Screen

USING THE GREEN SCREEN IN FINAL CUT



Once we had filmed the sections we wanted to green screen for our footage and we had imported it into final cut, we then came to this. I dragged the clip I wanted into the timeline and then went onto the effects tab and found the effect, "Keyer"                                  I dragged this effect over to my section of clip and it then turned the background black. What the "Keyer" effect does is look for the same shade of green and blacks it out, this is why it was extremely important that we kept the green screen tight to the wall, made sure there were no bumps and that the lighting was the same.

Once I had done this, I searched for my desired background to place on the timeline, as we are doing Candyman, we decided to use the blocks of colour that she does within her video. I chose this and then dragged it BELOW the section of film i wanted it to be behind. I have discovered that its important to make sure the background or anything you want behind the film you're green screening isBELOW that layer as if it isn't, it won't work properly. After this, i played my section of film and it worked perfectly with the person lip synching and dancing on a pink background.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please ensure all comments are moderated.