Monday 4 January 2016

Magazine advert: draft 3

Magazine advert third draft
How I have developed
Font and text
In my last draft I did not use the cut out font however in this one I have brought it back as I have had a lot of positive feedback on it. I wish to expand on it further though. Again I have kept minimal text on the poster but have added website to direct fans to the website to find out more about the supposed upcoming tour dates which will accompany the new album. This is because nowadays a bands highest profit comes from their live tours therefore we would want to also promote and hype this up along side the album. 
The bands name is in a larger text compared to the album name which follows the conventions of a magazine advert, however I don't feel as if this is as effective. When the larger focus text was Captive city it is more eye catching and ultimately enhancing the adverts appearance.  
Effects
I have also added a dulling effect to the image from photoshop to enhance the Indie feel of the advert and therefore help to bring across the bands persona. 
Colour
The colour of Captive city is a salmon pink colour which I have chosen as it complements the image and also links to the bands running theme of pink on their website. It is seen as their signature colour.
Sly antics use pink on their website
Image choice
I have again chosen to use this image as it it quite striking as the band are all looking in the same direction in sync. Also the light is shining onto their faces which draws your attention to them. It also has a darker side which is good for adding lighter text on to and creates an atmospheric mood which is a common trait used in the indie genre. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please ensure all comments are moderated.