Sunday 17 January 2016

MAGAZINE ADVERT: edit 1

Main magazine advert edit 1 
Mystery jets promotional material as seen on their social media
I wanted to keep the magazine advert simple to attract focus to the important text much like the Mystery Jets promotional graphics.
My text includes tour dates, date of album release, record label, social media accounts, distributors, band name and album title
What I have done:
I have not followed normal conventions and have made the album title the largest text rather than the stereotypical convention of the Bands name, I felt like the
First teaser advert
captive city text worked better with the overall number of letters allowing me to use this text size and font and keep it over the same of 3 lines and that it was more striking. This is also the same for the digipak
. It also allows me to create a wider meaning as I want to reflect the album title 'Captive city'. So in my first teaser advert (not this advert as this is my main advert) by creating the text captive city out of an image of a city building (representing a city) the city would be trapped within the text much like the phrase 'captive city' (this is seen in the first teaser magazine advert). But in this main magazine advert I wanted to carry on the same text as the 'Captive city' text has become almost their logo for the album as I have included it on the Digipak as well. In this case it's not the text that is captive but the image as a whole as the street lamps (representing the city) are confined within the advert linking back to the album name 'Captive city'.  This theory has again been used in the digipak, this also creates a link between the magazine advert and digipak
I have also moved the text over to the right so it is not obstructed by the lamp post, I have done this due to audience feedback.
Next: I will play around some more with the ordering. 
Main advert

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please ensure all comments are moderated.