Saturday 16 January 2016

INFLUENCES: Sly Antics - Intro

SLY ANTICS - INTRO (2015)




 When talking with the band about what they wanted for their video they mentioned they wanted it to have a similar feel as the previous one they made. I took direct influence then from their first video by including similar/replicated shots integrated throughout. I tried as best as I could to keep things in from their last video that would fit with the narrative of the new one I was making for them.


With this in mind I also replicated editing techniques, for example I cut the shots to the beat of the music in some parts of the video where I thought it best suited it, I also used the same  technique to build up tension about the "bagman" character. I used narrative enigma as they did in initially, they used it at the end of their video by slowly panning up the characters body but using cut away shots so they didn't reveal him straight away. I did this too when the video gets to the warehouse scenes, although we had already seen the character it fit with the build up of the music thus creating the tension desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please ensure all comments are moderated.