Monday 4 January 2016

Influences: Digipak and mag advert 1

Influences 
Arctic monkeys:
The Arctic monkeys plain black and white approach inspired my original teaser adverts however I have built upon them over several weeks and have now taken another approach using their other signature style of cutting the bold text out of an image in this cast a psychedelic pattern. This is very fitting with the Indie genre as many other bands have used this approach therefore our poster will be fitting with our chosen genre. 

Arctic monkeys - Do you wanna know- art work inspiring my later drafts

Arctic monkeys - Do you wanna know- art work inspiring my first draft

Arctic monkeys - Do you wanna know- art work inspiring my first draft
 The 1975:
The 1975 have also influenced my art work. Again similar to The arctic Monkeys they have a very well know simple stylised approach which is now their signature trademark and is well recognisable. I also have tried to create a running trend through out my work by using the same bold fonts and a trend in the images, the trend being that they are all possess a  grainy effect created as they are screen shots of film footage I have taken adding to the retro and therefore indie feel as well as extra effects found on the photoshop filters. I hope that this achieves the same effect and that all the art work is interlinked. My running trend throughout my artwork is also the reoccurrence of the low levels of opacity used. This is used in all my art work and helps to blend the sharp lines of the text and image that are placed on top of each other. Also creating a hazy effect which can also be seen in the 1975s art work bellow. Again the 1975 have cut the text out of the image as I have how ever I have layer together separate multiple images. 

 As you can see in the art work below again they have used the opacity to create a hazy effect but this time not with the text but with the images themselves. I have also done this with my images as I have layer multiple images on top of each other including images of lights with I have used as the base layer and by lowering the opacities of the upper layer shines through to create an indie approach to an other wise simple photo. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please ensure all comments are moderated.